Online Alcohol Server Training

Choose Your State


AACEA Montana: Bartenders And Servers - Using Montana Alcohol Laws & DUI Facts As Leverage To Cut Someone Off

If you are a bartender or server, or if you plan to become a bartender or server in Montana State, you are likely going to need to cut off a person or two at some point during your career. There are several strategies out there that can help you effectively cut off a person from drinking alcohol, many of which you can learn about in our Online MT Alcohol Permit course. If you’ve already completed a Montana Department of Revenue approved Alcohol Server Training Course and are simply hoping to further your skillset for cutting people off, we have provided some helpful information for you below!

The most important responsibility you have as someone who is involved in alcohol transactions is ensuring public safety. This means making sure your customers do not go over their limit or reach a point of intoxication. It also means that if one of your customers does become intoxicated (either at your establishment or before reaching your establishment), it is your responsibility to make sure they do not get behind the wheel of a car or get themselves into any sort of precarious situation.

We know this sounds like a huge responsibility and burden, especially because nobody enjoys being cut off, and who enjoys cutting people off? Our hope is to empower servers and bartenders with knowledge and strategies to help make this process a little smoother, and to ensure it does not have a negative impact on customer experiences (or on your tips!).

AACEA Montana: Basic Montana Alcohol Laws You Should Know!

Are you curious about Montana’s alcohol laws? Perhaps you work in the hospitality industry or are planning to begin working for the hospitality industry in Montana State and could use this information to expand your knowledge for your job. Or maybe you’re visiting Montana (or are planning to visit) and would like to know Montana drinking laws ahead of time. Whatever the reason may be, we have provided some of the most basic Montana alcohol laws below for your reference!

How old do I need to be in Montana State to bartend?


How old do I need to be in Montana State to serve alcohol as waitstaff?


How old do I need to be in Montana State to conduct alcohol tastings?


How old do I need to be in Montana State to enter a bar?

Varies The answer to this question varies depending on the establishment. Some establishments only allow individuals who are 21 or older to enter. Some establishments allow individuals who are at least 18 to enter, and other establishments allow individuals who are under 18 to enter if they are with their adult (over 21) parent or guardian.

AACEA Montana: Q&A For Montana Liquor License Holders – What Can I Legally Sell At My Establishment?

If you are planning to open an establishment in Montana State that will sell or serve alcohol, it will be helpful for you to know what alcoholic products you are legally permitted to sell or serve, depending on which alcohol license you decide to apply for.

This information will also be useful if you already own an establishment that sells or serves alcohol in Montana State and could use a little refresher, or if you are a customer hoping to find out where you can purchase certain alcoholic products!

Please see some helpful and common Q&A’s regarding this topic below!

Can I sell a keg to go at my establishment in Montana?

It depends on which Montana Alcohol License you hold. If your establishment has an on-premises license you can sell kegs to go! However, if your establishment has a beer or wine license you can only sell alcohol to be consumed by the drink within your establishment to customers who order food.

AACEA Montana: Responsible Alcohol Sales and Service (RASS) Program - Helpful Info

If you are thinking about becoming a bartender, waitstaff, mixologist, or anything else that requires you to mix, serve, or sell alcohol, you are going to need to take a Department of Revenue approved Montana Alcohol Server Training course to receive a RASS Permit!

R.A.S.S. is an acronym for Responsible Alcohol Sales and Service, which is exactly what our Montana Alcohol Server CertificationCourse promotes. Because alcohol is an intoxicant, it is important to ensure that it is sold and served in a way that guarantees safety, but also (ideally) in a way that offers a pleasant experience for you and your customers.

AACEA Montana: Responsible Alcohol Sales And Service (RASS) Program - Helpful Info (Part 2)

If you’re planning to become a bartender, server, or anyone who handles alcohol transactions with customers OR if you will be managing people who handle alcohol transactions with customers in Montana State, you’re going to need to take a Montana Department of Revenue approved Alcohol Server Training course, which is also known as the Responsible Alcohol Sales & Service (RASS) course.

The Montana Department of Revenue requires that you receive training within 60 days of hire and once you complete an Alcohol Server Training course you will receive a Certificate of Course Completion (proof of training) which will be valid for three years. Once your certificate expires you will be required to retake the course in order to remain certified.

Montana Alcohol Server Training: Q&A for Montana Liquor License Holders – Where can I Legally Purchase Liquor to Sell at my Establishment? (Part 2)

This is part two of a two-part blog series covering where establishments in Montana State can legally purchase alcohol from to sell at their establishment. If you work at, own, or are hoping to open up an establishment in Montana State that sells or serves alcohol, it will be imperative for you to know where you can legally purchase alcohol to sell or serve at your establishment!

We’ve listed some common Q&A’s below for you regarding this topic, however, if you’re hoping to receive more comprehensive education regarding Montana State’s alcohol laws, we recommend that you complete a MT Department of Revenue approved Montana Online Responsible Alcohol Seller Server Training Course which will provide you with an abundance of valuable Montana State alcohol selling and serving laws and requirements.

Louisiana Bar Card and Washington State MAST permit. Arizona Title 4 Basic Training Online AZ DLLC Alcohol Server Approved Certification Course California Responsible Beverage Service RBS TIPS Certificate Program On Off Premises ABC Florida Vendor State Compliant Montana Ohio Seller For Sellers Servers Bartenders and Managers Get your TABC Certification for selling serving alcohol in Texas Your official can be printed online upon completion Utah Mobile Friendly valid Bartender School on off premise server training permit classes by Len Riggs

© 2016 - 2021 America's Alcohol Certified Education Association All Rights Reserved | Email Us | TF: 888.865.1900 | P: 425.335.3672